If you’re a SOCAN member, a Canadian citizen, file taxes in Canada, and spend more than six months per year in Canada, you’re eligible for Canadian programs and resources, including SOCAN emergency royalty advances.
But if you’re a U.S. permanent resident and file taxes there, you may find the Music Covid Relief online resource hub valuable in finding support.
Some of the key resources found there are those provided by:
- The American Federation of Music Petrillo Memorial Fund
- Come Together: A Support Group for Production and Crew
- COVID-19 Blues Musician Emergency Relief Fund
- The Gospel Music Trust
- Nashville Mayor John Cooper’s Covid-19 Response Fund
- The PLUS1 Covid-19 Relief Fund
- The SAG-AFTRA Covid-19 Relief Fund
No matter where SOCAN members live, work, and officially reside when they create music, or what the situation might be in the world, SOCAN continues to ensure that they’ll be fairly compensated for its use.