The SOCAN House in Paris is re-opening, and accepting new applications for travel, in compliance with applicable national and international guidelines. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, we’ve adopted new terms & conditions/procedures around guest stays at the house. Please review the document here, and apply here.
Due to the unprecedented nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, SOCAN has implemented reasonable precautions for SOCAN Members visiting the SOCAN Houses including:
- A minimum of seven days between stays (reducing the risk of the virus remaining on surfaces).
- A full deep cleaning of the house, completed by cleaners wearing masks and gloves, with the windows open to promote circulation in between stays.
- Cleaning disinfectant, with greater than 60% ethanolor 70% isopropanol and an antiviral product, used on all high-touch surfaces (including, but not limited to keys, floors, door and drawer knobs, light switches, faucets, doors, closets, drawers, kitchen sink and appliances, iron, headboard, washer and dryer, windows, hair dryer, toilet, shower, bathroom sink, work surfaces, garbage bins, tables, chairs, remote controls, electronics etc.)
- House linens (bed sheets/towels/rags/bathmat) are washed at a minimum of 60 degrees Celsius, and dirty laundry is removed on the day of checkout.
- Books have been removed.
- Guests are welcomed by an individual wearing a mask and gloves while respecting social distancing and without contact.
- Hand sanitizer is provided in the apartment for guest use.
The SOCAN Houses in Nashville and Los Angeles remain closed, in accordance with the Canada-U.S. border closure, and essential-only travel mandates.