SOCAN today announced the results of its 2021 Board of Directors election, based on votes cast by SOCAN members (music creators, publishers) from April 12 to April 30, 2021.
There are 18 seats on the SOCAN Board of Directors – nine writer members and nine publisher members, with regional, cultural and genre specific representation. Each is elected to a three-year term.
The following people were elected and will take office when scrutineers Grant Thornton officially present the results at the 2021 SOCAN Annual General Meeting, to be held online on July 13, 2021.
Representing SOCAN Music Writer Members (alphabetically by last name):
- David Bussières
- Victor Davies *
- Damhnait Doyle *
- Rhonda Head
- Ed Henderson *
- Stan Meissner *
- Glenn Morley *
- Marc Ouellette *
- Diane Tell *
Representing SOCAN Music Publisher Members (alphabetically by company name):
- Diane Pinet, Bloc-Notes Music Publishing
- Jennifer Beavis, BMG Rights Management Canada
- Jennifer Mitchell, Casablanca Media Publishing *
- Daniel Lafrance, Éditorial Avenue
- Mark Jowett, Nettwerk Music Group
- Cheryl Link, Peermusic Canada Inc. *
- Gary Furniss, Sony Music Publishing Canada *
- Patrick Curley, Third Side Music *
- Vivian Barclay, Warner/Chappell Music Canada *
“Congratulations to each SOCAN board member on their election to the 2021-’24 term,” said CEO Jennifer Brown, who was officially appointed to the role by SOCAN’s Board of Directors on June 28, 2021. “The SOCAN management team looks forward to collaborating as we chart new directions for the company together.”
Following SOCAN’s annual general meeting, the new board of directors will hold its first meeting, and elect the President of the Board and other officers.